6pm Sunday 5 Aug 2018
Intensive Workshop with Cliff and Rosemary
At Martlesham Leisure
We will take time to work very carefully and progressively on close embrace with the aim of creating a relaxed natural embrace. In the process we will work with both leaders and followers to develop a positive walk, with strong confident steps, whilst removing any sense that your partner is ‘in the way’. In addition we will build up the close-embrace dance repertoire via simple patterns that enable you both to concentrate on the music.
The workshop is aimed at those who may have been dancing for a few months or even a few years and who want to make more use of close embrace within their repertoire and for those who want to build their confidence in close embrace. The workshop is not suitable for those who are totally new to close embrace. Numbers will be kept small to allow plenty of hands-on coaching from the teachers.
It will be an extended workshop so there will be two 30 minute breaks to recharge your batteries, relax, and chat or chill.
- 6:00 – 7:00: Session 1 The basics of posture, embrace and walking for both open and close embrace
- 7:00 – 7:30: Break for coffee/beer/wine from the bar (no snacks on Sundays so bring nibbles to keep you going)
- 7:30 – 8:30: Session 2 Progressively working on close embrace and on the subtleties of the walk so that it works in close embrace. Dancing simple steps which enable you both to concentrate on the music.
- 8:30 – 9:00: Break for coffee/beer/wine from the bar (no snacks on Sundays so bring nibbles to keep you going)
- 9:00 – 9:30(and beyond if wanted): Session 3 Refining the embrace and more practice
Prior booking essential. £15 per person. Please book in couples. We will be rotating partners throughout. Air-conditioned venue so we will be cool in every sense of the word!
If you have questions please contact ‘Cliff AT SuffolkTango.org.uk’ or call 01394 383908.