Suffolk Tango runs a rolling two-year fundamentals set of courses:
- Register here if you are interested in starting tango.
- Year 1 classes run on Wednesdays from 7.30pm until 10.00pm at The Richards Room, Martlesham Community Centre. The syllabus for the first year of the course is contained in this document.. More details below.
- Year 2 classes run on Mondays from 7.30pm until 10.00pm at The Richards Room, Martlesham Community Centre. More details
- Practica. In addition you are encouraged to come to the Sunday Practicas where there is usually a short all-levels techniques class followed by dancing/practice.
If you are not sure which course to attend please contact Mandy via Mandy AT suffolktango.org.uk (We have used AT instead of @ to avoid spamrobots sending us junk mail, replace ‘AT’ with ‘@’).
Each of the courses runs with a maximum of ten couples in order to allow for individual attention and for members of the group to become friends. The course cost is £40 per person per 5-week module.
The Year 1 Class, Wednesdays
The dates for the next module of five lessons are as follows:
- Wed 13 June
- Wed 20 Jun
- Wed 27 Jun – No class – Milonga at the Rep in Ipswich
- Wed 4 July
- Wed 11 July
- Wed 18 July
- Wed 25 July – No class – Milonga at the Rep in Ipswich
- Mon 9 Jul: Party Night – joint with Monday Class
In the final 5 lessons of the Year 1 course, we shall be revising the key concepts and steps covered to date: connection, walking in different systems, the cross, basic turns, giros, ochos, etc.
For those that wish to, we shall also be exploring the fundamentals of dancing in close embrace.
Please also note that the Year 2 class will commence on Wednesday 12 September, 2018.