Suffolk Tango runs a rolling two-year fundamentals course:
- The date of the next Absolute Beginners Course will be in September. Apply here if you are interested.
- Year 1 classes run on Wednesdays from 7.30pm until 10.00pm at The Richards Room, Martlesham Community Centre. More details
- Year 2 classes run on Mondays from 7.30pm until 10.00pm at The Richards Room, Martlesham Community Centre.
- Practica. In addition you are encouraged to come to the Sunday Practicas where there is usually a short all-levels techniques class followed by dancing/practice.
The teachers will discuss with you any previous experience you have, any additional steps you would need to take and the best part of the course to join. Please contact Mandy via Mandy AT suffolktango.org.uk (We have used AT instead of @ to avoid spamrobots sending us junk mail, replace ‘AT’ with ‘@’).
Each of the courses runs with a maximum of ten couples in order to allow for individual attention and for members of the group to become friends.
The Classes – Year 2 Mondays
The classes are usually grouped into 5 week sessions on particular themes so that you have the chance to build and consolidate what you learn.
No need to book with a partner. £40 for a 5-week session paid on the first night of each session.
7:30 to 10pm with a 90 minute class plus time for Práctica with hands-on support from the teachers.
Richard and Mandy will be the principal teachers, supplemented by other teachers for particular sessions.
If you haven’t done any Tango for a while this is chance to get back into the swing of things!
The syllabus for the second year of the Suffolk Tango Fundamentals course is contained in this document
In the final 5 weeks of the Year 2 course we shall be revising the key concepts and steps covered to date: alterations, linear sacadas, floor-craft, musicality, etc. We shall also be exploring some new ways to connect the steps already learned to the Tango Vals.
The class dates for the second half of the summer term of 2018 will be:
- Module B: 4, 11, 18 and 25 June; 2 July.
- 9 July: Party Night – joint with Wednesday Class