at Henley Community Centre,
Near Ipswich, IP6 0RP
Our guest teachers are selected for their ability to be good communicators and teachers at all levels, and many come with an international reputation. We run these workshops with the aim of just breaking even, keeping the price as low as possible, so that more people will feel able to attend and benefit from learning from, and being inspired by, such excellent teachers and Tango role models.
Details of forthcoming Saturday/Sunday Workshops are given below, but there is a list of the topics covered on previous occasions here.
Sunday 12th September, 2021
Luis Rodriguez and Elizabeth Knock
from Tango y Nada Mas
We welcome the return of the very popular Luis and Elizabeth from Tango y Nada Mas, who bring more than 20 years’ experience of Argentine Tango to London and the rest of the UK through classes, workshops and performances. They share the Tango culture of Buenos Aires with an emphasis on the music, the embrace, the walk and social dancing, and aim to inspire the development of a community dedicated to this beautiful improvised dance here in the UK.
These are workshops not to be missed – always fun, engaging and a chance to make big changes to your dance.
The theme on this occasion will be “Rejuvenate your tango – walking, cross system and musical phrasing“.
11:30 – 1:30pm: Rejuvenate your tango, session 1 (all levels from 6 months experience)
2.00pm – 4.00pm: Rejuvenate your tango, session 2 (all levels from 6 months experience). Attending session 1 is not a prerequisite but it is bound to be helpful.
There is no need to come with a partner. £12 per person per class or £20 per person for both the morning and afternoon classes. (Payment will be accepted via cash or via our contactless card reader).
You must pre-register before 10am on the day of the event via the on-line form so that we can monitor numbers and balance.
For this event there is an enhancement to our Covid Mitigation Policy via presentation of a valid ‘Domestic Events’ Covid Pass. – more details below:
The ‘Domestic Events’ Covid Pass is available via the NHS website or via the NHS Phone App. A Pass is valid for those with: 2 jabs, OR have had a recent negative PCR test, OR registered a recent Lateral Flow test, OR have officially been proven to have had Covid in the past.
You will need an NHS login to download the Pass, but many of you will already have this for access to your GP etc. Please note that it may take as long a few days for the log-in to become active so don’t delay. To obtain the Pass there are 3 options:
- The best option is to download the NHS App because you can then generate a QR code Pass on arrival at the event. This is NOT the NHS Covid 19 App for Test and Trace.
- If you don’t want to use the NHS App you can log in to your NHS account via PC/Mac/Phone/Tablet and request a PDF copy of the QR code Pass which you can print and bring with you to the venue.
- Those without internet access can call 119 and request a time-limited Pass to be sent to them in the post. This may take a few days to arrive so don’t delay.
Passes will be verified on entry by the event organiser using their official Covid Pass Verifier App. No Pass – no entry.
Full guidance on obtaining a Pass is at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/
- Prepare in advance because some of the government processes take time to complete.
- Make sure that you request a ‘Domestic Events Pass’ (not a Travel Pass).
- Bring your phone (with the App), or paper printout to the venue for verification on entry.
- Check before setting off that your Pass will still be valid by the time that you arrive at the event (some Passes are only valid for 48 hours).
- Lateral Flow Test results must be REGISTERED with the NHS in order to generate a Pass – DO NOT just bring the Lateral Flow Test unit to the venue.
- No official Covid Pass – No Entry.
The kitchen may not be available so bring your own nibbles/drinks, and remember to bring lunch if staying for both classes.
If you are willing to change partners please ask for one of the yellow smiley face badges to advertise your willingness to others.
Henley is a large airy venue and doors will be left open to aid ventilation, so bring warm layers, and please check the Suffolk Tango website (not Facebook) for any updates before travelling.
Click here to see a video of Luis and Elizabeth dancing (opens in new tab).
- Saturday 23rd October, 2021
- Saturday 13th November, 2021
At Henley Community Centre, Church Meadows, Henley, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP6 0RP