at Henley Community Centre,
Near Ipswich, IP6 0RP
Our guest teachers are selected for their ability to be good communicators and teachers at all levels, and many come with an international reputation. We run these workshops with the aim of just breaking even, keeping the price as low as possible, so that more people will feel able to attend and benefit from learning from, and being inspired by, such excellent teachers and Tango role models.
Details of forthcoming Sunday Workshops are given below, but there is a list of the topics covered on previous occasions here.
POSTPONED UNTIL 2021:
Sunday 15th November, 2020
Luis Rodriguez and Elizabeth Knock
from Tango y Nada Mas
We welcome the return of the very popular Luis and Elizabeth from Tango y Nada Mas, who bring more than 20 years’ experience of Argentine Tango to London and the rest of the UK through classes, workshops and performances. They share the Tango culture of Buenos Aires with an emphasis on the music, the embrace, the walk and social dancing, and aim to inspire the development of a community dedicated to this beautiful improvised dance here in the UK.
These are workshops not to be missed – always fun, engaging and a chance to make big changes to your dance.
Click here to see a video of Luis and Elizabeth dancing (opens in new tab).
Theme: Rejuvenate your tango – walking, cross system and musical phrasing
The workshop will be fully Covid compliant, hence the class structure will be a bit different, but just as much fun:
- Limited to at most 10 couples (less than the maximum capacity, so there is plenty of space)
- Workshop in two sessions with a lunch break. Start at 11:30am – finish at 4pm.
- With a small number of couples there will be plenty of opportunity for personal attention so it is an all-levels workshop (from 9 months experience upwards)
- Fixed couples in reserved spaces
- You must book in couples – (couples formed from one household or approved bubble)
- Bring own snacks, lunch and drinks (unfortunately we are not able to provide tea, coffee, hot water)
- Wear masks on entering and leaving. Masks are optional in the workshops
- More details of the Covid procedures will be sent before the event
- Pre-booking essential (book early because places are limited)
- Pre-payment (after your booking is confirmed) £25 per person (incudes morning and afternoon)
To make a booking please complete the booking form:
Booking Form (opens in new window)
At Henley Community Centre, Church Meadows, Henley, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP6 0RP