at Henley Community Centre,
Near Ipswich, IP6 0RP
Our guest teachers are selected for their ability to be good communicators and teachers at all levels, and many come with an international reputation. We run these workshops with the aim of just breaking even, keeping the price as low as possible, so that more people will feel able to attend and benefit from learning from, and being inspired by, such excellent teachers and Tango role models.
Details of forthcoming Saturday/Sunday Workshops are given below, but there is a list of the topics covered on previous occasions here.
SATURDAY 23rd October, 2021
Luis Rodriguez and Elizabeth Knock
from Tango y Nada Mas
Following your suggestions are we are trying out holding the event on a Saturday.
We welcome the return of the very popular Luis and Elizabeth from Tango y Nada Mas, who bring more than 20 years’ experience of Argentine Tango to London and the rest of the UK through classes, workshops and performances. They share the Tango culture of Buenos Aires with an emphasis on the music, the embrace, the walk and social dancing, and aim to inspire the development of a community dedicated to this beautiful improvised dance here in the UK.
These are workshops not to be missed – always fun, engaging and a chance to make big changes to your dance.
The theme on this occasion will be “Enhancing your Dance – Merging Music, Steps and Technique“.
11:30 – 1:30pm: session 1 (all levels from 6 months experience)
2.00pm – 4.00pm: session 2 (all levels from 6 months experience). Attending session 1 is not a prerequisite but it is bound to be helpful.
There is no need to come with a partner. No need to book or register. £12 per person per class or £20 per person for both the morning and afternoon classes. (Payment via cash or via our contactless card reader).
Our Covid Policy requires you to show an NHS Covid Pass for Domestic Events (currently available to those who have had 2 jabs, OR registered a recent negative PCR test, OR registered a recent negative Lateral Flow test, OR have officially been proven to have had Covid in the past) or an NHS Travel Pass (for those who have had 2 jabs). Full guidance on obtaining a Pass is at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/. No Pass – No Entry.
- Prepare in advance because some of the government processes take time to complete.
- Make sure that you request a ‘Domestic Events Pass’ so that we can verify it automatically but we still accept a ‘Travel Pass’.
- Bring your phone (with the App), or paper printout to the venue for verification on entry.
- Check before setting off that your Pass will still be valid by the time that you arrive at the event (some Passes are only valid for 48 hours).
- Lateral Flow Test results must be REGISTERED with the NHS in order to generate a Pass – DO NOT just bring the Lateral Flow Test unit to the venue.
- If using the NHS App make sure your battery has sufficient charge and that you remember your NHS password (if needed)
- No official Covid Pass – No Entry.
The kitchen may not be available so bring your own nibbles/drinks, and remember to bring lunch if staying for both classes.
If you are willing to change partners please ask for one of the yellow smiley face wristbands to advertise your willingness to others.
Henley is a large airy venue and doors will be left open to aid ventilation, so bring warm layers, and please check the Suffolk Tango website (not Facebook) for any updates before travelling.
Click here to see a video of Luis and Elizabeth dancing (opens in new tab).
- Saturday 13th November, 2021
- More being planned
At Henley Community Centre, Church Meadows, Henley, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP6 0RP