Fortnightly on Sundays – 7.30 pm to 10.00 pm
Martlesham Heath Leisure & Squash Club
Gloster Road, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 3RJ
Join us for our next practica at Martlesham Leisure for a chance to practise and also for some one-to-one coaching. No need to book, just turn up – Dancers £4 or just come and watch, listen and chat (no charge). Everyone welcome from beginners to advanced. There will be non-stop Argentine Tango music (plus the occasional contemporary track), a bar and a chance to meet and dance with other tangueros. Air-conditioned venue so it’s comfortable all year round.
New beginners who would like a taster of the dance should come along and the teachers and more experienced dancers will be only too happy to show you the basics to get you started. We look forward to meeting you.
Class: With short techniques class from 7:30, then from 8:15 there is almost 2 hours to just dance or practise with other tangueros..
Coaching: Also you can book a 15 minute slot with one of the teachers (usually Rosemary, Cliff, Mandy and Richard) for you or a couple for some guaranteed time for one-to-one coaching.
Loads of free parking, air-conditioning, bar, and a large dance floor.
We try and run the practica every fortnight, however occasional we skip one if another major event clashes with it. Please check the dates below.
- 2 Dec with techniques class by Richard and Mandy
- 16 Dec with techniques class by Mick Smith of Bury Tango
- 30 Dec NO PRACTICA
- 6 Jan with techniques class by Cliff and Rosemary
- 20 Jan with techniques class by Mick Smith of Bury Tango
- 3 Feb with techniques class by Cliff and Rosemary
- 17 Feb with techniques class by Cliff and Rosemary
- More being planned . . .
Techniques class at the practica
The techniques classes are 30 minutes long, beginning promptly at 7.30 and finishing equally promptly after 30 minutes. If you plan to participate, please arrive before 7.30 so that the class can begin on time.
The class has two aims:
- To focus on one basic technique, in an ‘all-levels’ approach, which may be something new for those starting their tango journey, and may be a refresher or reminder for those further down the line.
- To give dancers a focus for the practice session, so that if you wish you can work further on the technique with a view to mastering it in the practica with the teacher still present.
Although a ‘move’ may be taught in the course of the class, the focus is on developing mastery of the technique and not ‘learning’ the move.
No need to be a member of the Leisure Centre.