Fortnightly on Sundays – 7.30 pm to 10.00 pm
Martlesham Leisure Club
Join us for our next practica at Martlesham Leisure for a chance to practice and also for some one-to-one coaching. This can be a chance to really boost your tango by practising and asking for one-to-one guidance on the things that you may be having trouble with, or perhaps there are new steps you would like to learn.
No need to book, just turn up – Dancers £4 or just come and watch, listen and chat (no charge). Everyone welcome from beginners to advanced. There will be non-stop Argentine Tango music (plus the occasional contemporary track), a bar and a chance to meet and dance with other tangueros. Air-conditioned venue so it’s comfortable all year round.
New beginners who would like a taster of the Argentine tango should come along and the teachers and more experienced dancers will be only too happy to show you the basics to get you started. No need to come with a partner. We look forward to meeting you.
Class: With short techniques class from 7:30, then from 8:15 there is almost 2 hours to just dance or practice with other tangueros.
Coaching: Also you can book a 15 minute slot with one of the teachers (usually Rosemary, Cliff, Mandy and Richard) for you or a couple for some guaranteed time for one-to-one coaching.
Directions to Martlesham Leisure Club which is in Gloster Road, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 3RJ. On the 66 bus route from Ipswich, get off at BT and walk 50 yards to the venue.
Loads of free parking, air-conditioning, bar, and a large dance floor.
We try and run the practica every fortnight, however occasional we skip one if another major event clashes with it. Please check the dates below.
- 1st Sep with techniques class by Cliff and Rosemary
- 15th Sep No Practica tonight because of End of Summer Milonga
- 22nd Sep with techniques class by Richard and Mandy (tbc)
- 6th Oct with techniques class by Richard and Mandy
- 20th Oct with techniques class by Richard and Mandy
- 3rd Nov with techniques class by Richard and Mandy
Techniques class at the practica
The techniques classes are 30 minutes long, beginning promptly at 7.30 and finishing equally promptly after 30 minutes. If you plan to participate, please arrive before 7.30 so that the class can begin on time.
The class has two aims:
- To focus on one basic technique, in an ‘all-levels’ approach, which may be something new for those starting their tango journey, and may be a refresher or reminder for those further down the line.
- To give dancers a focus for the practice session, so that if you wish you can work further on the technique with a view to mastering it in the practica with the teacher still present.
Although a ‘move’ may be taught in the course of the class, the focus is on developing mastery of the technique and not ‘learning’ the move.
No need to be a member of the Leisure Centre.